Our Top 10 Moments of 2018!
1. Hiring Abby Turner, Chief Listening Officer, who worked hard to create and publish a training resource endorsed by The Ken Blanchard Companies and led our training seminars in 2018 with several others already scheduled for 2019. Learn more about our compassionate listening training here.
2. We welcomed eight new members to STTIT’s support team: Hillary Marotta, Grant Writing; Krissy Marshall, Connections; Miram Thurber, Social Media; Beka Watts, Freelance Writer; Clark Stefanic, Videography; Lynn Troutman, Compassionate listening/Training; Rhonda Dyson, Graphic Design; Elizabeth Armistead, Administration/Compassionate Listening.
3. To our Board, we added Rosemary Browne, CEO of Alder Health; Molly Janczyk, Admissions Counselor, Messiah College; Barbara Wadsworth, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, Main Line Health; and Randy Weaver, Financial Officer, Members 1st.
4. We were also blessed to add two new Advisors: Ray Chung, Human Resources Officer, Hope International; and Saeed Otufat-Shamsi, CEO of Xpansion Leasing.
5. Having the opportunity to present STTIT’s work at the International Listening Associations Annual Conference in Dublin, Ireland.
6. 200 people were trained in Compassionate Listening this year! In addition, we had nearly 2,000 compassionate listening connections.
7. We hosted two International webinars with attendees from Canada, UK, Israel, and Germany.
8. We filmed a Public Service Announcement to be aired in 2019 with Urban Confessional and Listen First to help raise awareness about the Global Listening Movement.
9. We developed a new website, a new mission statement, merchandise, and other branding materials, positioning STTIT for huge growth in 2019.
10. Our sixth Annual Gathering featured Sterling Riethman, former swimmer and gymnast, who spoke about her experience as a survivor of sexual abuse. Her story inspired others to share their stories, too.